Sporting organisations and Clubs
Clubs and sporting organisations across Australia must provide to staff, volunteers, contractors, and management protection under WHS. It’s your responsibility to eliminate health and safety risks where practical, and minimise risks that are not possible to eliminate.
Australia’s clubs have been meeting Health and Safety requirements for many years – in some cases, two decades or more. Under the new WHS laws though, it’s important you’re meeting the obligations that apply to your organisation and sport.
Getting on top of your WHS obligations means
- Providing a safe work environment
- Fulfilling your duty of care
- Avoiding costly litigation
Managing WHS risks
Lighthouse Safety are very involved in the Club Industry, helping many Clubs get on top of the Health and Safety. We find the specific risks for your club, and develop systems, policies or training so that your organisation is safe and you can avoid costly litigation.
Do you have up-to-date procedures for:
- Fire Safety?
- Bullying Awareness?
- Money Laundering?
- Counter Terrorist Finance?
- Harassment Training?
Working with Clubs throughout Queensland and New South Wales, we’ve established systems for achieving compliance. We cover:
- Kitchens and Bars, Maintenance and Greens Sheds, and Office Spaces.
- Identify specific risks for your industry you may not have considered.
- Inspect and advice on safe facilities for your staff and patrons.
- Develop policies and procedures for staff, managers, and volunteers.
- Ensure incident and first aid systems are in place.
Hiring Lighthouse Safety as your Safety Consultant means you no longer have to stress whether your Work Health and Safety Policies are up-to-date. You’ll even save time from your busy schedule as we can do the heavy lifting for you. We don’t just audit our business, we’ll develop and implement the strategies we recommend, including providing training and chairing WHS meetings. With Lighthouse Safety, it’s never been easier for Clubs to provide a safe workplace.